What is repeat medication?
Hundreds of patients require medication each day to control ongoing conditions. To enable patients to take their medication regularly we have an ordering system for their usual medication which they take on a regular dosage regime. This allows the patient to order their medication without seeing the doctor HOWEVER each patient has to have a Medication Review at least once a year in order to qualify for this system.
How to order your repeat medication request
There are four ways to order your medication:
- By putting a request slip into the repeat prescription box at reception
- Send a fax to 020 8880 2402
- Order it online via Patient Access, please speak to reception for further details
What medication does not qualify as “repeat medication”
- Medication for which repeat prescribing has not been agreed with your GP.
- Medication which has been given to you for a short illness.
- Medication requested after your Medication Review Date which you have not completed with your GP.
- If regular blood tests are required to ensure the tablets are not causing side effects.