The surgery will be closed from 8am-1pm on Wednesday 2nd December. If you require medical attention that cannot wait until we open, please call the surgery and speak to one of our reception team.
How can I get a Doctors appointment?
We use a telephone triage system called Patient First. We started using this system in March 2019 as a way of improving access for patients. More appointments will be offered each day, which means you should get to speak to your GP on the day you want to be seen. It has worked really well in other practices and the feedback from the surveys we have organised since the system was introduced suggests that patients at Stamford Hill Group Practice prefer it
How does the system work?
Appointments are available up to 24hrs in advance online and on the same day via reception
You will be contacted by a GP and they will listen to your concerns and ask about your symptoms. Together you will decide what to do next. This may involve:
- Video consultation (same day)
- Face to Face consultation (same day)
- Sending photographs via secure text message /email to enable diagnosis and management over the phone (same day)
Where possible you can book with the GP of your choice. Please refer to the list of days that each Doctor works
Where possible the Doctor will call you back within 30 minutes of your appointment time
Due to the increased demands of the Coronavirus pandemic, we may not manage to call you back within 30 minutes of your allotted time. We appreciate your understanding and patience with this matter. If you have a morning appointment you will be called by 1pm at the latest, if you have an afternoon appointment you will be called by 6.30pm at the latest
How do I book?
- Online 24hrs in advance using patient onlineservices
- Calling the surgery from 8am on the day you want an appointment
- Using our automated booking system (Patient Partner). This allows you to book, check or cancel your appointment. This can be accessed by calling the main surgery number and selecting Option 1
How do I set up online services?
Please bring proof of ID into the practice so we can set you up for this. Access to online services will also enable you to do things like request your repeat prescriptions, etc
There are a limited number of telephone consultation appointments with a GP available from 7.15am and after 6.30pm. Please ask at reception.
Evening and Weekend Appointments
Patients in City & Hackney have access to GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments
6.30pm - 8.00pm Monday to Friday
8.00am - 8.00pm Weekends and Bank Holidays
This is part of the Extended Hours GP Access Service. The appointments are at GP practices across City & Hackney. When you attend for an appointment, the staff will have access to your medical record to ensure that you receive the best possible care and support
Due to Coronavirus there have been changes to this service but appointments are still widely available
Please contact reception during our normal working hours if you need an appointment
We now have an online consultation form - please click on the link below
We will get back to you within 48 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
Please do not use this form for any urgent problems as we may not review the form on the day you send it
The outcome will be tailored to your needs but may include:
- GP or nurse appointment
- Advice from the reception or administrative team
Duty Doctor Service - for when you have an URGENT medical problem
This service offers you quick access to your GP practice
Monday - Friday 8am - 6.30pm we have a Duty Doctor who can respond to urgent queries from patients and outside health professionals
Using this service may prevent you attending A&E unnecessarily
- Phone the surgery and tell reception that you have an URGENT problem. You will need to briefly explain your symptoms/concerns - this is very important as it helps us to work out how best to help you
- The receptionist will discuss your concern with the Duty Doctor and if the Doctor agrees it is URGENT, you will be added to the Duty Dr telephone triage list
- The Duty Doctor will ring you back within 2 hours
The Duty Doctor will decide with you what you need, which could be:
- Advice over the phone
- An appointment at the surgery
- A home visit if you are unwell and housebound
- A referral to another service
Please note this is NOT an EMERGENCY SERVICE. In the event of severe/life threatening injury or illness such as severe chest pain/ difficulty breathing, please call 999
When the surgery is closed
Outside of our opening hours, if you have a medical problem that cannot wait please call 111
In the event of an emergency please call 999